Frequently asked questions
What exactly are the limitations of the free version?
Visplore Free offers the same functionality as Visplore Discovery except for the following feature limitations:
- Size limit for own data – you can import own data with any number of data attributes for at most 5000 data records OR any number of data records for at most 5 data attributes. Visplore Free has built-in support for reducing larger data sets.
- Watermarks for own data – visualizations display a faint Visplore logo as watermark during analysis and for image export of own data. There are no watermarks when analyzing the example datasets.
- Saving and loading of own configurations, selections, or computed data attributes is not supported.
- Connecting to SQL Databases is not supported. Own data can be loaded from CSV files as well as from Python, R, or Matlab.
- The installer of Visplore Free does not support to specify the installation directory (but does not require administrator rights either).
Visplore Discovery has none of these feature limitations.
Is it allowed to use the free version for commercial purposes?
Visplore Free is intended for personal and academic use as well as for evaluation and training. All types of organizations – including companies – are encouraged to try Visplore Free for evaluation purposes. However, using Visplore Free for commercial advantage or monetary compensation is not permitted.
Furthermore, exported images will show the Visplore logo as watermark, which you must not remove.
Visplore Discovery has none of these limitations.
What are the system requirements for Visplore?
Any Visplore version can be installed on Windows 10, including virtual machines. Visplore Discovery and Professional can also be deployed on Windows Server machines and accessed via remote desktop (RDP). A mouse is not required but highly recommended.